Nikolaos Pitsos is the founding Partner of “Nikolaos Pitsos & Associates Law Office”, Athens practicing Business, Energy, Antitrust, Trademark and Public Law, Banking and Corporate Law.
– Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Faculty of Law – Department of
International and European Studies University of Piraeus, Greece
: Member of the Teaching Staff in two Master Program’s in Corporate Law, Antitrust and Energy Law.
LAGIE S.A Operator of Electricity Market Greece:Member of Board of Directors –Legal Counsel Legal Subjects of the Company s Decisions concerning Feed-In Tariffs in Renewable Energy Supply Companies
ATHENS RADIO 9,84 (Official Public Radio of the city of Athens)
Member of Board of Directors –Legal Counsel
Bluebook Stagiaire, European Commission-DG Competition, Brussels
Unit 03- State aid Case Support and Infringement coordination
Associate, “Hogan, Hartson & Raue LLP”, Berlin, Germany
– Athens Bar Association -Admitted 2005, Greece – Dikigoros- Lawyer at Supreme Court of Greece (Areios Pagos)-, Institute of Business, Competition & Energy Law, Freie Universität Berlin (2012), Arbitrator at the Greek Regulatory Authority for Energy (2012 R.A.E) – Energy Law Disputes-, Member of the Association of Greek Commercialists (2015), Member of the Legislative Committee on Greek Intellectual property Law 2121/1993(2014), Member on the Legislative Committee on Private Partnerships, International Association of Industrial Property (AIPPI)
– Ph. D (Dr.iur.) in European Business Law, Free University of Berlin,
Germany: Thesis:”The “more economic approach” in European Merger Control and the Significant impediment to effective competition (SIEC-Test) “. A
Comparative Study of Europe and the USA (SLC -Test). (German).
Attended intensive Workshops on modern aspects of European Business,
Telecommunications, Energy and Public Contracts Law for three years (twice a month). Institute of Business, Competition and Regulatory Law,
Free University of Berlin. Certificate (Director: Prof. Dr. Dr. F.
– D.E.A in Public Law, University Robert Schuman, Strasbourg III,
France ( 3 Months Practice in European Court for the Protection of Human Rights in Strasbourg).
– LL.M (Magister Legum) in European Business Law, Free University of Berlin.
Erasmus Socrates Program, European Law, Free University of Berlin.
– LL.B, Degree in Law, Law Faculty of the National Kapodistrian University of Athens.
Publications: Contributed several papers to Greek and foreign law journals.
Pitsos, N.: : “Services of general economical interest (SGEI), Competition and European State Aid Law. Article 106 of European Treaty and Public Services in the sector of Telecommunication, Energy, Transport and Post Law”. (Greek,330 p.) 2019, Sakkoulas Publications, Athens.
• Pitsos, N.: Monograph: “Corporate Governance Rules and
Executive Directors Compensation- Practice s in listed companies
(S.A). A Comparative Study of Europe and the USA. Nomiki Bibliothiki Publications Athens 2019 (Greek)
• Pitsos, N: “ Pay without performance” vs. “Say on Pay”, compensation practices for the board of directors in S.A and the implementation of Corporate Governance Law in Europe, in: Xronika Idiwtikou Dikaiou 2018. p.21-55 (Greek).
• Pitsos, N: Impairment of Share Capital in a Public limited liability Company after the new Greek law nr. 4548-2018 for S.A (Société Anonyme),in : Xronika Idiotikou Dikaiou 2018
• Pitsos, N.: The new Greek law framework for Merger & Acquisition operations – Comparative study with the EuropeanDirective and the Case of the Banking and Insurance sectors: forthcoming in: Epitheorisi Emporikou Dikaiou 4/2018, p.1-30.
• Pitsos, N: European Shareholder Rights Directive II (SRD II
Directive (EU) 2017/828 ) and the protection of Minority Rights for Institutional Investors, in: DEE (Dikaio Epixeiriseon & Etairion) 2019
Pitsos, N.: Long – term Energy Contracts and Market Foreclosure in EU Competition Law. ”Take or pay” Contracts in Natural Gas Sector, in: Energy and Law 2/2011, p.28-40 (Greek).
• Pitsos, N.: Parent – company liability for the violation of EC
competition rules by the subsidiary Company, in: DEE (Dikaio
Epixeiriseon & Etairion) p.1140-1159, 2013 (Greek).
• Forzano, A./ Pitsos, N.: State Aid: Main developments between 1.
September and 31. December 2011, in: Competition Policy
Newsletter 2/2012, European Commission (English).
• Pitsos, N.: Le financement des services d’intérêt économique général (SIEG): Modalités et contrôle du cadre communautaire (French).Revue hellénique de droit international (RHDI) 2/2005,p.469-489.